Dublin is an ideal place to base yourself for a few days. There are lots of options for visitors both within Dublin City and through the surrounding counties.
Option 1: Walking tour of Dublin. At your own leisure, take a stroll around the city centre and visit places like:
- Trinity College & The Book of Kells
- National Art Gallery (free admission)
- National Museum of Ireland (free admission)
- Saint Patrick’s Cathedral
- Guinness Visitor Centre
Option 2: County Wicklow – ‘The Garden of Ireland’
- Powerscourt House & Gardens
- Scenic drive through Wicklow Mountains
- Glendalough Monastic Site
- Avoca Wollen Mills
Option 3: County Meath – ‘Valley of The Kings’
- Hill of Tara
- Trim Castle
The above are just some examples of day trips out of Dublin. Lots more are possible including Kildare, Laois and through the Irish midlands.
Further afield, longer day trips will take you to The Cliffs of Moher, Belfast, Galway City and much more.